Almost Home Program
Are your finances not quite ready for homeownership? We can help you get there.
The Almost Home Program is designed to help families who are interested in our Affordable Homeownership Program, but may fall short of the credit or income eligibility requirements. This program will also help potential applicants who need further education on the home buying process.
The course offers the following components:
- Financial Coaching
- Financial Fitness
- Building the Family Budget
- Credit 101/10 Commandments of the Home Buying Process
- Habitat Mortgage vs. Conventional Mortgage (overview of HFHBMC Affordable Homeownership Program)
- Personal Development
- Health is Wealth
In addition to the knowledge, financial confidence, and self-esteem that the participants will gain by attending, the time spent attending workshops will transfer into sweat equity hours if they are approved for the Affordable Homeownership Program.
Bank on Your Success
A three-part financial educational series hosted by BB&T Bank. Each part is designed help the attendee make secure financial decisions to successfully achieve their goals.
- Banking basics: Learn the value of a checking account, use tools to help save money, and find out how to establish credit.
- Family budgeting: Learn the five key steps to developing a solid family (or personal) budget.
- Becoming a homeowner: Learn about the process of buying a home and how to prepare for homeownership.
Free Credit Seminars
Hosted by Clarifi help applicants learn about credit, how to maximize your credit, and understand your credit report.
Financial Fitness Day
An annual event for anyone who is looking to take control of their finances. Attendees receive services on the BB&T Bank Bus, including:
- Credit report review
- Strategies to pay off debt
- Monthly budgeting tips
- One-on-one counseling
Homeowners Insurance Workshop
Helps future homeowners learn how to read a homeowner’s insurance policy by learning the definitions of frequently used terms. Attendees will also learn about the misconceptions of homeowners and flood insurance.