Neighborhood Revitalization Program is a locally-operated program serving low-to-moderate-income homeowners who need assistance improving their homes. In the Neighborhood Revitalization program, homeowners work with Habitat’s experienced staff and volunteers to perform improvements that preserve their home and make it safer and more accessible. Together we revitalize the appearance of neighborhoods, strengthen personal connections within the community, and keep homeowners in their homes, making neighborhoods become stronger, more resilient, and more sustainable.
NR consists of 3 subprograms
1. Home Preservation
Aims to revitalize communities through improvements to exteriors of homes
- Accessibility Modifications (wheelchair ramp,exterior hand rails)
- Carpentry Repairs (doors, floors, porches,steps, walls)
- Painting, siding, or power washing
- General cleaning (trash removal, cleaning of exterior)
- Landscaping (cutting down brush, cutting back shrubbery, planting flowers and bushes)
2. Criticial Home Repairs
Keeping homes safe, warm and dry. *Cosmetic repairs NOT included in this program.
- Roof repairs
- Heating and Cooling
- Structural (walls, floors, ceilings)
- Weatherization (insulation, windows)
- Extensive Siding
- Water Infiltration
3. Aging in Place
Helping homeowners age with dignity in the comfort of the their own home and community.
- Accessibility Improvements
- Fall Prevention
- Ramp Installations